ROI Specialist – Processor
RecordQuest is seeking a highly motivated, experienced medical records professional for our Release of Information Specialist – Processor position.
This position is responsible for processing all release of information (ROI) requests in a timely and efficient manner. Attention to detail and accuracy are paramount. The individual must, at all times, protect the patient’s right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient’s medical information and that all releases are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy, and HIPAA regulations.
Previous release of information, medical records, or related experience in a healthcare environment is highly preferable.
- Ensure the requested correct patient private health information is accurately released to the proper requester
- Verify submitted data for a specified time and date range
- Accurately price the cost of the request based on State and/or Federal Regulations
- Understand and navigate RecordQuest proprietary software
- Understand various patient record requests and understand the various entities requesting patient records
- Identify inaccuracies and/or omissions in patient record requests
- Report request information problems, issues, or questions to ROI Quality and Engagement Manager
- Meet daily and weekly productivity goals
- Work with IT Support Specialist and/or IT Business Unit to troubleshoot technological hardware or software issues
- Experience reading, understanding and responding to requests for medical records
- A solid understanding of HIPAA regulations
- Strong computer and keyboarding skills
- Attention to detail and goal-oriented
- Excellent reading comprehension and critical thinking skills
- Dedication to productivity and a professional attitude
- Previous release of information, medical records, or related experience in a healthcare environment is preferred.
Starting Salary: $15.00/hour+ based on experience
Please attach your resume with your response below.
Eligible for health benefits and paid time off.
Apply for this job
Test Drive Our Services
Kick the tires. Check the lights. Look under the hood. Take it for a spin around the block. Discover why so many healthcare professionals are switching to RecordQuest for their health information needs.